Legal translations

Legal translations


When doing business internationally, you will often be asked for an official translation of documents such as deeds, extracts from registers, certificates, contracts and agreements. At English Services we can provide you with an accredited or sworn translation.


What's the difference?

In the Netherlands, the courts of law, the police, the Immigration and Naturalisation Service and the Public Proscecution Service are all obliged to use sworn translators, who are registered in the Register or Sworn Translators. Registration is subject to strict quality and integrity requirements. All of our in-house translators and most of our freelance translators are sworn translators.


In the UK, the Security Industry Authority, for example, stipulates that all translations submitted to them should be carried out by an individual who is professionally accredited or a translation company which holds the same accreditation. If the translation is carried out by a company, rather than an individual, then that company should be accredited by either the Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIOL) or the Association of Translation Companies (ATC). English Services is a member of the Association of Translation Companies.


If you are not sure what kind of translation you need, please don't hesitate to call us for help and advice.





Download our free checklist!




Copyright © All Rights Reserved